What are cookies?
Cookies are small bits of text that are downloaded to the devices you use to access IrishCollegeLeuven’s online information. Your browser makes these cookies available every time you visit the website again, so it can recognise you and can then tailor what you see on your device.
1. Allow the site to function correctly and to help keep it secure.
2. Make the site easier to use by remembering information that you’ve entered, to recognise you as a site user and to personalise your visit.
3. Collect basic information about the way you have used the site.
Here are some examples of essential cookies:
- Your devices download or stream the Positioning information on a smartphone screen, tablet, or other screen, so you can see the website and use its functionality.
- Keeping you logged in during your visit or enabling you to stream content; without cookies you might have to log in on every website you visit or repeatedly adjust your volume and viewing settings
Analytics cookies are used to gather this information. The information collected is grouped with the information from everyone else’s cookies. We can then see the overall patterns of usage rather than any one person’s activity. These ‘analytics’ cookies are used to improve how an application, a website and its pages work.
IrishCollegeLeuven uses two classifications of cookies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies, which are defined as cookies which are required to help keep data safe and are essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website. They allow you to move between different pages on our site. They also help to keep your details secure.
- Not Strictly Necessary Cookies, which are defined as cookies that help us improve the performance of our site. They tell us how pages are used, which ones are commonly viewed and help us piece together a full picture of a typical customer journey through the site. They also tell us if any errors occur.
Controlling your cookies
Any cookie that is not Strictly Necessary is not active by default and does not send information to the resource it is called from. Accepting all cookies, makes all cookies active. You can modify your cookie preferences for the website at any time by clicking on the ‘Cookie Settings’ button below.